Monday, March 5, 2012

introducing: music monday

Let’s make Mondays much less monotonous shall we?

Introducing: Music Mondays! I’m a fan of alliteration, and evidentially so is the blog-o-sphere.
This is a pretty common theme around the web but one I like so I’ll stick to to liven things up over here.
Today, I thought I though I’d start off with a bit of a bang, & have a song from Magneta Lane!

An oldie but a goodie in my opinion. Lexi’s voice is has that throaty quality that makes my stomach sway.
Then again, they say that the music tastes you acquire at the age of 14 are the most important.
But I’ve loved them for a long time – mellow with just enough punch – and a ton of girl power – but not in the spice girl over sexualized way.
Although I will admit – their songs are repetitive & meld into each other. Not highly marketable: but great to have on in the background while studying or conversation where you just need background noise more then “are listening to music” ♥

Without further adieu (although I bet you clicked on one of the videos before you read this – didn’t you?)

Magneta Lane :

Lady Bones (Gambling with God)

& Did I mention they’re from my home town? (: ♥

xoxo. kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment